INYAS is the only recognised academy of young scientist in India which was established in 2014 with the following vision.
- Promotion of Science Education and Outreach
- Encouragement of Networking among Young Scientists
- Supporting Young Scientists in career independence
- Engagement in interdisciplinary & intergenerational scientific dialogues
- Boosting science capacity in the country
- Collaboration with other Young Academies of the world
Since inception, INYAS has been very active specifically to pursue promotion of science amongst the various strata of the society through science camps, remote area lectures, conferences and other forms of outreach.
During the Pandemic, INYAS has gone a big way to popularise science over internet. A series of online events and webinar organised by INYAS can be seen under activities.
INYAS is committed to International collaborations as well as local outreach. INYAS has recently formed seven local chapters: Delhi-NCR, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Kolkata-Bhuvaneshwar, Lucknow-Kanpur, Hyderabad and North-East. These local chapter will also liaison with INSA local chapters to initiate new activities and exponentially increase the impact on ground.