INYAS invites applications from young, independent researchers working in any areas of Science and Engineering who have proven track record of excellence in their respective research area along with a demonstrated passion of Science outreach, promotion, communication and leadership.
- Hold of PhD degree in any discipline of pure and Applied Sciences and Engineering OR M.S./M.D. in Medical sciences and be less than 40 years of age as on 31st December 2020. Women applicants based on the proper justification may be considered for one year of age relaxation (less than 41 years of age as on 31st December 2020).
- Be citizens of India, and be living and working in India at present.
- Hold an academic and research position (either temporary or permanent)
- (* Temporary means only DST INSPIRE, Ramanujan and Ramalingam fellows are eligible)
- Two Letters of support are necessary for a valid application. The letters can be provided by
- Fellows of any Indian Academy of Science/ Engineering
- Directors/ heads of institutes (present employer)
- Heads/ chairpersons of departments in Universities (present employer)
Each INYAS member is expected to attend the Annual General Meeting of INYAS each year and is also expected to actively contribute to the INYAS activities and also plan new activities for the promotion of Science and INYAS. Failing to attend two Annual General Meetings of INYAS consecutively may result in termination of your membership.
For details, please refer to the code of conduct guidelines for INYAS members. Further, it is expected from an INYAS member to publish atleast one research article in any recognized Indian journal during INYAS membership tenure.
INYAS member are elected for a period of 5 years. The call for membership for this year is over. We will be soon welcome new members.
The call for membership is open every year in July-August. Watch out for this space if you are interested.