INYAS invites applications from young, independent researchers working in any areas of Science and Engineering who have proven track record of excellence in their respective research area along with a demonstrated passion of Science outreach, promotion, communication and leadership.
- Hold a PhD degree in any discipline of pure and applied Sciences and Engineering OR M.S./M.D. in Medical sciences and be less than 40 years of age as on 31st December 2021. Women applicants based on the proper justification may be considered for one year age relaxation (less than 41 years of age as on 31st December 2021).
- Be a citizen of India, and living and working in India at present.
- Hold an academic position (either temporary or permanent).
- Two Letters of support are necessary for a valid application. The letters can be provided by
- Fellows of INSA, NASI and IASc
- Fellows of INAE
- Fellows of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) and Medical Sciences (NAMS)
- Alumni of INYAS
- Director/Head of the Institute (present employer)
- Head/Chairperson of Department (present employer)
Each INYAS member is expected to attend the Annual General Meeting of INYAS each year and is also expected to actively contribute to one or more of the INYAS activities and also plan new activities for the promotion of Science and INYAS as well. Failing to attend two Annual General Meetings of INYAS consecutively may result in termination of your membership.
For details, please refer the code of conduct guidelines for INYAS members.
Further it is expected from an INYAS member to publish at least one research article in any recognized Indian journal during INYAS membership tenure.
Being a Member of INYAS, a minimum time commitment is somewhat expected from a member time to time.
New members should be available to attend the next Annual General Meeting, which will scheduled in third week of February (tentatively) next year at INSA, New Delhi.
The call for membership 2022 is now open. Click here to apply.