Submitted Images can be found in the following links:
To encourage the creativity of the students and researchers by presenting their scientific findings through a scientific and artistic image, Indian National Young Academy of Science (INYAS), Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, and CARBON Lab, with the support of National Young Academy of Bangladesh (NYAB), and Thai Young Scientists Academy (TYSA) are organizing an International Sci-Art Image Competition. It is an excellent opportunity to get recognition of your scientific and artistic merit and to win exciting cash prizes. Let’s be creative and participate with full enthusiasm.
This competition is open to all young researchers (Undergraduate and Master’s and Ph.D. scholars) from any of these participating countries: India, Bangladesh, and Thailand. The experimental and simulated images must be from participant’s research carried out in their own countries.
Important Dates :
Start Date: 22-January-2021
End Date: 05-February-2021 (*Extended till Feb. 8, 2021 (No further extension))
1. First Place – 5000/- INR
2. Second Place – 4000/- INR
3. Third Place – 3000/- INR
4. Consolation Prizes – 2000/- INR
5. People’s Choice Award – 5000/- INR
Guidelines & Award Details
* The categories for the awards:
1. Experimental Images
2. Modelling & Simulation Images.
* Any kind of black and white or coloured microscopy/instrumental images, computational simulations, or combination of both, etc. may be submitted for this competition.
* There are no entry fees, but no more than two entries are allowed for any individual. Two images may be experimental or modelling & simulation or one from each. Images also may be a combination of both experimental and modelling & simulation.
* The submitting individual must take consent with his/her research supervisor to submit the image for competition. High resolution images will be submitted on INYAS website.
* All the images should have a caption of maximum 10 words; and, a short write up of maximum 50 words to explain the research findings in a layman’s language based on that image.
* All the entries for this image competition will be showcased in an exhibition open to all on social media and may be shared with media as a part of the press coverage of the exhibition-cum-competition.
* Acceptable file types of the images with minimum 150 DPI (Max. file size of 5 MB per image; Total 10 MB per entry for two images): JPEG/PNG/TIFF/PDF format.
* Images already awarded in similar competitions at any level will not be considered. A self-declaration in this regard is needed at the time of submission.
* Digital photographs do not qualify as a valid entry in the competition and entries must not advertise or promote any commercial product.
* Results will be announced on INYAS, NYAB and TYSA official Webpage and social networks. The winners will also be informed individually.
There will be 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd place awards and few consolation prizes and People’s Choice award in each category. 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd places and consolation prizes will be awarded based on Judges’ choice. An independent panel of Judges will be formed with participation from NYAB, TYSA, INYAS and IIT Hyderabad to avoid any conflict of interest.
People’s Choice selection:
After initial screening by the organizing committee, all the images will be posted on INYAS, NYAB, and TYSA Facebook pages for public voting from February 10, 2021 to February 24, 2021. Facebook likes for the People’s Choice will be monitored for authenticity by the organizing Committee. People’s Choice award will be selected to image with the highest number of LIKES on the competition link on INYAS, NYAB and TYSA Facebook pages.
Click here for Sample image for your reference.
Click here for Competition Guidelines
Click here for Poster of competition.
Click here for Sci-Art Image Competition 2019 images.
Please continue to check INYAS official Webpage/Facebook/Twitter pages for further updates!
Note : Only one submission per individual (maximum two images) is allowed and multiple submissions may lead to disqualification.