INYAS engages actively in scientific outreach, training, and international cooperation. In new normal times, INYAS has continued progressing on its vision through the digital platform, as a result of which several webinars, lectures, workshops were and are being continuously organized. The details of the previous activities (before April 2021) are archived in newsletters and annual reports, available under publications on this website.
Activities (April 2021 onwards)
Regular Ongoing Activities:
- INYAS organizes GYANTEEKA webinar series to create an awareness on vaccination in general and on #COVID19 vaccination in particular. The series has covered lecture from five eminent speakers on various aspects of vaccines including COVID vaccine.
Dr. Shahid Jameel lecture (20th Feb 21), Link: https://youtu.be/wIf837hvVpY
Dr. Soumya Swaminathan lecture (24th April 2021), Link: https://youtu.be/I5G-z9qtD-8,
Prof. Gagandeep Kang (25th March 2021), Link: https://youtu.be/mK-pasuHM78
Prof. Raghavan Varadarajan, (26th June 21) Link: https://youtu.be/O-bnddxBH8U
Dr. Satyajit Rath, (29th May 21) Link : https://youtu.be/p3ojunnrgFI
- Under the “Scientists from India’s Past and Present (SIPP)” webinar series, INYAS celebrates the contribution of renowned scientist from past and present. The series covered the talks on Prof. Roddam Narasimha, .. The event is coordinated by Dr. Anoop Mahajan, Member, INYAS.
Lecture 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci6VMsXlTH0 (7th Nov 2020)
Lecture 2 link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amd33hsKPow (22nd Dec 2020)
Lecture 3 link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ZqMDSzx9Q (30 Jan 2021)
- Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) and Indian National Science Academy (INSA) – Mumbai chapter organizes Weekend Webinar Series titled ‘Windows of Opportunities in Science and Engineering. The webinars in series covered a wide range of topics such as opportunities for career in research and industry, higher education opportunities, skills in research, mental health perspectives for scientists and engineers, etc.
Link for the lectures in the series can be found at: https://youtube.com/playlist…
- INYAS Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) in association with the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of Rajasthan (GoR) organized a vibrant “Popular Science talk Webinar Series” from June 16, 2021. The series was moderated by Dr. Sugandha Maheshwary. Dr. Nishant Chakravorty, Dr. Veda Krishnan, Dr. Riffat John, Dr. Neha Sardana, Dr. Kutubuddin Mola Kutub Joy, Dr. Aditya Sadhanala, Dr. Nishad Fathima, Dr. Hemen Dutta, Dr. V Ramanathan, Dr. Sonu Gandhi, Dr. Pradeep Kumar, Dr. Ramendra Sundar Dey, Dr. Praveen Kumar and Dr. Upasana RayBanerjee delivred talks in series. The talks were mostly in Hindi for the comfort of the audience. (YouTube Link for the Lectures)
1st talk link: https://youtu.be/kOd16cOBLIY
4th talk link : https://youtu.be/PxGostE1vsw
5th talk link https://youtu.be/Z9zSnvNUeGg
6th talk link: https://youtu.be/HGaBusuXq6c
7th talk link: https://youtu.be/11EwrLgbtls
8th talk link: https://youtu.be/DoytYuIn3aE
9th talk link: https://youtu.be/JWxSMaU-wJQ
10th talk link: https://youtu.be/Lfhwsm-bl8A
11th talk link: https://youtu.be/XLBH79Qs4SM
12th talk link: https://youtu.be/8TbHe8Vjzzo
13th talk link: https://youtu.be/iLXEfvDkcJs
14th talk link: https://youtu.be/iE5PMHQQDWA
15th talk link: https://youtu.be/Ed51b6JOWmQ
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh India and INYAS jointly organized a webinar under the aegis of Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain Campaign on 7th July 2021. Prof. Sumit Sen from IIT Roorkee talked about approaches to prioritization of land for targeting water conservation interventions.
- INYAS in collaboration with Panjab University, Chandigarh organized Women in Science Event (WiSE) event on June 19, 2021. Prof. Rohini Godbole delivered a talk on Diversity in Science & Roles that Individuals, Institute and Society can play. She spoke about multidimensional aspects of issues but also possible ways to overcome the invisible and unconscious biases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL1I0a9Y1Hs
- “New Horizons in Calculus” series organized by INYAS in collaboration with Assam Academy of Mathematics and Department of Mathematics, Jawahar Nehru College, Assam on June 20, 2021. The series aimed to explore the basics and important developments in the areas of ‘time-scale calculus’ & ‘fractional calculus’ with glimpses into new trends and applications.
YouTube Link for the Lectures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PSXhy4Pruw
- INYAS in collaboration with ACT organized Web based one-week long Chemistry Orientation Workshop for Competitive Examination (COWCE-21) during 6-14 March 2021. Students were given tips to solve the difficult questions with simple tricks by expert resource faculties. All the lectures of the workshop are available on INYAS YouTube channel under COWCE-21 playlist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yy9R4qQwgc…
- INYAS jointly with Association of Teachers in Biological Sciences (ATBS) organized an e-workshop, “Orientation for Competitive Examinations in Life Sciences” (OCELS-21) during 6-13 June 2021. All the lectures of the workshop are available on INYAS YouTube channel under OCELS-21 playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist…
- Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma, Chair, INYAS participated in a discussion panel on “Young Academies’ role in Empowering Young Scientists” as a part of annual meeting of Thai Young Scientists Academy on May 22, 2021. Full session is available here to watch: https://www.facebook.com/TYSAonline/videos/1242442499559345
- INYAS Covid-19 Vaccination Awareness Campaign covered in IndiaBioscience and Global Young Academy in their monthly newsletter. https://inyas.in/vaccine-awareness-campaign/
- INYAS organized the webinar series on “Know Your Members” for the new cohort of 2021. As we could not meet in person due to the pandemic, this webinar series is an effort to meet virtually with our new members and to know more about their research work. Through this effort, we also aim to explore the possibility of scientific networking among us. This series was organized every Saturday from March 6 from 5:00-7:00pm.
- Kolkata-Bhubaneshwar local chapter of INYAS organized a webinar on Intellectual property and patents on 10th April 2021. https://youtu.be/7v5ByyQyEeg
Before 31st March 2021
- INYAS Nationwide #COVID19Vaccination Awareness Campaign was launched by Prof. Ashutosh Sharma Iitk, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and Prof. Chandrima Saha, President, Indian National Science Academy today. https://us8.campaign-archive.com/…
YouTube Link for the Lectures: https://youtu.be/uakmUbazn3A , (3rd April)
- Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) is celebrated International Women’s Day Event on 8th March 2021 on a virtual platform. The theme of the event this year is “Women in Role of Mentors and Mentees: Challenges and opportunities”. The program aimed to understand the benefit and barriers associated with female mentors/mentees specifically in the Indian context. Dr. Kalaiselvi, Director, CECRI delivered a keynote lecture.
YouTube Link for the Lectures: https://youtu.be/4p1cZ16BCkU
- To encourage the creativity of the students and researchers by presenting their scientific findings through a scientific and artistic image, INYAS along with IIT Hyderabad and Carbon Lab with the support of National Young Academy of Bangladesh -NYAB, and Thai Young Scientists Academy organized an International Sci-Art Image Competition: https://inyas.in/sciart2021/
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/YoeoDkzFxbs (28th Feb 2021)
- INYAS-Kol-Bbsr webinars series organized a talk on “Miles to go. What do we do next” delivered by Prof. Suman Chakraborty on 27th Feb 2021.
- Panjab University, Chandigarh in association with INYAS organized the 7th WISe lecture entitled “My Journey as a Pediatrician-Women in White coats” by eminent pediatrician from PGI, Prof. Bhavneet Bharti on 11th Feb 2021 (https://youtu.be/T2UbZz_RNwk)
- INYAS, SPSTI and NASI (Chandigarh chapter) jointly conducted a week long webinar series on Corona Vaccine. Three eminent scientists Prof. Javed N. Agrewala from IIT Ropar, Dr. Shravan Sehrawat from IISER Mohali and Dr. R. Kumar, President of SPEAK India delivered talk in the series.